Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lions Miss Out at Trade Deadline

I don't make many guarantees but I will guarantee that the Lions will not lose this weekend. As the trade deadline passed and with the Lions bye week approaching the Lions are sitting at a satisfying 1-5 record.
As usual, large expectations weren't met at the NFL trade deadline. No major deals were made. But did the Lions miss out on making a trade for their future?
One of the only players with any trade value is line backer Ernie Sims. It would of made a lot of sense to trade an underachieving Sims now that Rookie Deandre Levy has stepped up and played well.
Philadelphia gave up a rookie wide receiver(which the Lions could also use) and a fifth round draft pick to St. Louis in exchange for aging line backer Will Witherspoon. I'm not an N.F.L G.M, but I figure Ernie Sims is worth at least a mid-second or third round pick. Esspecially to a desperate Eagles defense.
Let's face the facts the Lions are not making the playoffs this year, and this is another rebuilding year. The Lions really missed out on a golden opportunity to improve for the future.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Marv I like your subject. Lets hope we can beat the Rams this weekend because I will go crazy if we don't.. they are definitely beatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you kept your composure because we definitely lost to the rams.

    ReplyDelete